Commercial Green Roofing
Commercial green roof systems are a great option for a sustainable system that is low maintenance, yet delivers high performance. Also known as Vegetated Roofs, Green Roofs serve several purposes for a building, including absorbing rainwater, providing insulation, creating a habitat for wildlife, and helping to lower rooftop air temperatures and combat the urban heat island effect. The flat roof is covered with vegetation and a growing medium planted over a waterproofing roof membrane. It may also include additional layers such as a root barrier and drainage and irrigation systems.
Estimates suggest that a green roof extends lifetime by 100 to 200 percent, by protecting the rooftop from ultraviolet radiation, large temperature fluctuations, drying winds and punctures. The roof lasts longer and helps reduce membrane maintenance.
A green roof creates an insulating layer, helping reduce building heating and cooling costs, protects the roofing material from UV and heat stress degradation, enhances air quality resulting from the conversion of carbon dioxide to oxygen and decreased ambient air temperature - which in turn reduces heat-island effect. It also increases aesthetics and creates wildlife habitat.
Weather Shield Green Roof Installations
- East Hills Center (Center of the Universe), installed in 2005, Intensive Green Roof
- Kent ISD, installed in 2008, Xero Flor system
- Cesar E. Chavez Elementary School, installed in 2009, Green Roof
- Christian Reformed Church of North America, installed 2011, Bio-Diverse SkyGarden Green Roof
- Rockford Construction Headquarters, installed 2015, Bio-Diverse SkyGarden and SkyWalk Pavers by Skydeck USA
- Morton Condos, installed 2016, Bio-Diverse SkyGarden by Skydeck USA
- Empire Stores, installed 2016, Bio-Diverse SkyGarden and SkyWalk Pavers by Skydeck USA
- Ducharme Place Apartments, installed in 2017, Bio-Diverse SkyGarden and SkyWalk Pavers by Skydeck USA
- Grand Rapids Christian Stadium Party Deck, installed in 2017, Bio-Diverse SkyGarden and SkyWalk Pavers by Skydeck USA
- Kingsley Condos, installed in 2018, SkyGarden and SkyWalk Pavers by Skydeck USA
The Weather Shield Difference
We offer you a team of experienced roofers that specializes in commercial flat roofing. Weather Shield representatives are all trained and certified. Made up of professionals, our team of roofing experts brings precision to every job. They are skilled and adept at re-roofing and administering flat roof repair. Weather Shield even provides 24-hour emergency leak response. When your building is experiencing a leak, call us to find the source and stop it!
Weather Shield also brings you the best brands at the best prices. Choose from manufacturers like Versico, John Mansville and other quality roofing membrane makers without compromising on price. Weather Shield offers top of the line roofing materials and services without the added premium. Make us the last roofer you ever want to work with!